Friday, September 7, 2012

This Year in Missions

The time has come, I am finally a senior! But I'm also currently taking 3 college classes thanks to Murray State University and will be a Sophomore in college in December! I'm continuing my education in Spanish right now and will double major once officially starting college fall 2013. 

Missions Update:
God has definitely been preparing me for this year for a long time! I finally have the opportunity to go to Ecuador and Haiti! I could not be more excited!!

I have always been drawn to Ecuador, but God has taught me that I must do everything in his time. I almost went to Ecuador instead of Panama in the Summer of 2011, but God had other plans (including staying another month, which would not have been possible if I had have went to Ecuador.) Now the time is finally here! I have been attending the Baptist Campus Ministry at MSU for three years now and this year for spring break they will be going to Ecuador!! Here's a little more info.

Quito, Ecuador-- Saturday, March 16 -- Sunday March 23
My group and I will partner with an organization called Inca Link. We will be participating in a local church, doing street evangelism in Colonial Quito and on a college campus, working in an orphanage, participating in a Bible study at a women's prison, working in a soup kitchen, and ministering in a dump! So it will for sure be an INCREDIBLE and busy week! I know God has called me to serve Him through ministering to people through Spanish and this is the perfect opportunity to serve the beautiful people of Ecuador and translate for my group! The total trip cost is $1,800. I have to have $125 by September 23 and meet the halfway point of my money by November 20. 

Haiti! -- December 28, 2012 -- appx. January 3
God has been doing amazing things in Haiti and the country has been through a lot in the past 5 years. In Haiti, I would be up front with extreme poverty in the only FOURTH WORLD country. There is so much need in Haiti and I feel that being able to serve there and seeing the poverty will really give me a better concept on missions and prepare me for a life serving God through missions.  The trip is organized by a group from my church and another local church, it's so amazing to see the body of Christ join together in a community and go out in UNITY to serve Christ and to make Him known!! While in Haiti, we will work with Children's Lifeline International, serving the children and adults int he community by feeding them, clothing them, and hopefully providing them with free medical attention. The total cost of Haiti will be around $1,400. 

I ask, I beg, I plead for your PRAYER SUPPORT. This is the most important aspect of any mission trip.  Pray for the hearts of those I will be ministering to, pray for my team and pray for me, that God would move tremendously and mold me into the man of Christ He has called me to be. I also ask for financial support, these trips do cost money. The total BASE cost for both trips together is $3,200 and I will not be able to go without the support of my brothers and sisters in Christ.  The senders of missionaries are a very important aspect of mission work and the money will go to change hearts and minds for the glory of God. If you would like to donate to my trips, please get a hold of me to get my address or find me in person. Thank you so much for your support!!


The Spirit of the LORD is upon me,
because He anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor.
 He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives,
 and recovery of sight to the blind, 
to set free those who are oppressed.
-Luke 4:18

1 comment: