Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Glimpse

Saturday July 7, 2012
Time is flying! I have already been here for a week and a half...Yesterday I went to the English Institute and they would hire me, but I would have to do 40 hours of training, but only be able to do 1-2 hours a day.  Then a woman pastor and 2 other people came over to the house to meet me and see if they could find anywhere I could serve...I'm supposed to go to a Wajiro [or Wayuu] indian church with them tomorrow, so maybe that will kick start my mission work here...


Sunday July 8, 2012
Yesterday sucked. [Hey I'm going to be real here.] But in all my complaining, I realized I cannot complain.  I'm in South America for a month, I'm seeing more than most high schoolers. To top it off, I'm a child of the Most High God. So why should I ever complain?
And yesterday I went to this restaurant and ate tons of meat! :)


Monday July 9, 2012
...We ate lunch at an Arabian restaurant, it was AWESOME! I was so full!
After lunch, we drove to the other side of town to drop me off so I could go to the Wajiro people...There I met the pastor I was going to go with. They gave me an arepa with chicken, cheese and lettuce. I had to eat it, so I did! [By the grace of God I ate all the lettuce!!] 
After we ate we drove even more to the Wajiro village.  We finally got there and it felt a lot like a church in Panama.  I got in front and introduced myself...We prayed later and this girl layer hands on this fat lady.  Then the fat lady "fell out in the Spirit" whatever that means, but me and the pastor's wife had to catch her! haha! She was at least 300 lbs or more! After that they wanted me to meet everyone, so I shook hands and then they took pictures with me for 30 minutes. After that we laughed, sand and danced.  It was really fun. Then I had an hour ride home in taxi.
I CAN TASTE IT! 


Now during this time, I studied a lot and this is some of what I have learned.

1 Timothy
  • Pray for everyone, your leaders especially 
  • God desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth
  • Christ is our mediator, He died so we could be with the Father
Proverbs 22
  • God made the rich and the poor
  • God rewards humility and fear of Himself
  • Provide your children with a solid foundation
Romans 1
  • We as Christians, are bond-servants to Jesus
  • We are saints in Christ Jesus
  • Have faith like the church in Romans 1:8
  • Encourage others and be encouraged by them
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and then to the Greek.
-Romans 1:16



This is biggest bridge in Maracaibo, it's called Puente Rafael Urdaneta.

No comments:

Post a Comment